White Petal Wedding Photography
Top Wedding Photographers in Devon
White Petal is arguably one of the top wedding photographers in the South West. Having just completed it’s third wedding season and photographed in excess of 50 weddings since it’s launch.
We have also been officially credited by Nikon Professional Services.
It’s very important that your chosen wedding photographer acts in a professional way, by that I mean that he/she would be with you for a large part of the day. These are just a few things that you need to consider when making your choice:
1) You’ll want a photographer who carries full professional spec equipment. This includes Full Frame Pro Digital camera bodies; note I said bodies, why - because you always need a back up just in case?
Not only is a back up camera body a form of insurance, but it also allows your wedding photographer to fit different lenses onto the different bodies which will give increased flexibility and improve work flow on the day. No need for faffing around and ‘Hold on a sec.... whilst I just change lenses’.
2) You’ll also want a professional photographer to carry the best lenses, known in the trade as ‘fast glass’. These are f2.8 lenses or better, Pro Spec lenses capable of opening up to a wide aperture to capture sharp images in difficult low light conditions.
3) You will want a wedding photographer who is experienced, definitely a ‘people person’ with the ability to put you, your family and wedding guests at ease. In addition, you want them to be discreet yet organised, to be in the right place at the right time and yet to still blend in. It also helps if they have a good sense of humour!
4) Moving on down the list, lets consider lighting. You will want some one who understands lighting and some fundamental principles like ‘back lighting’, ‘rim lighting’, ‘fill light’ and ‘directional light’ to mention a few.
5) Then there is lighting equipment, a photogrtapher who carries Speedlights and understands the principles of Strobist photography. Being able to master these principles can give rise to some of the most dramatic looking and rewarding wedding photographs.
6) You will want a photographer with an experienced background. Well here at White Petal, Paul is an award winning photographer whose work has been featured on Sky1 TV. In addition, he has had worked published and used by: The RSPCA, Guide Dogs for the Blind, The Donkey Sanctuary (a charity who works with disabled/disadvantaged children), The Western Morning News plus local bands and singers using our photographs.
7) Lastly, but certainly not least - there is the issue of cost. Higher prices always have a perceived value, but we believe in offering exceptional quality and value for money in one package. Please view our About page to see our package options and prices.
Top Devon Wedding Photographers